Like me, have you been looking for that special breakfast recipe to wow your partner? It was a blessing that I had polished this delicious and nutritious Vegan French Toast recipe a while ago.
I was looking for a way to capture that distinctive texture of French Toast in a healthy way. Adding Irish Moss Seaweed to the recipe is the trick! This Vegan French Toast recipe is the perfect match.
If you are a lover of pancakes or non-Vegan French Toast, you have to give this recipe a go! It is simple to prepare, requires minimal cleanup and can be cooked relatively quickly.
So how do I make this delicious Vegan French Toast?
This recipe is not too difficult to make, but there are a few things to be mindful of when cooking this recipe.
The best bread to use is thicker cut slices, but more importantly, use bread that has dried out or become slightly stale. The thicker and drier texture will ensure your bread soaks into the batter without becoming too soggy.
While dipping the bread in the batter, ensure you don’t leave it in for too long. A quick dip is enough, there is no need to soak it for long periods. Also, remember to coat both sides with the batter before putting it in the fry-pan.
It is vital that you use a non-stick fry-pan for this recipe. The batter becomes very sticky once it heats up. Failing to use non-stick fry-pan will damage the bread considerably, which will cause your dish to look more like food shrapnel rather than an Instagram worthy photo opportunity.
Suffice to sat that while it will still be edible, it really doesn’t present well!
Preparation – 5 minutes
Cooking – 25 minutes
- 1 large banana
- 170 ml of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of sea moss gel
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (powdered or crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar or maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1 tablespoon of either vegan butter or light oil, for frying (more if needed)
- 4 – 6 slices of bread (your choice on white, multigrain, gluten free, etc.)
You will also need
- A blender or a food processor
- A non-stick fry-pan (very important it is non-stick)
- A spatula
- A bowl wide enough to fit a slice of bread in comfortably
- In a blender or food processor add the banana, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Blend to a smoothie-like consistency. Pour the mixture into a shallow wide bowl that will fit a slice of bread.
- Heat the vegan butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. The sugars in the fruit make the mixture very sticky, so I highly recommend using a very good non-stick pan such as this one.
- When the pan is hot and the butter is melted, dip a slice of bread into the batter and coat both sides. Place the bread in a hot pan and fry for a couple of minutes per side until golden brown.
When it comes to serving this amazing Vegan French Toast, I love to serve it hot with maple syrup, vegan butter, and fruit. What is great about this is that you can be adventurous and add any toppings of choice and it still works really well.