This 2 Avocado Guacamole Recipe with Sea Moss dip is a healthy and simple dip or spread to mix together. It can be reused for the next few days if you don’t get through it all in one sitting. There are plenty of keto-friendly alternatives when it comes to replacing the usual corn chip as well!
You can use vegetables such as asparagus spears, celery sticks or even bell peppers (capsicum). You can also use carrots or jicama, but these are still quite higher in carbs and should be only used in small amounts.
The other alternative is to use fruits such as pineapple, cantaloupe, apples or pears. While not as popular, fruits can still blend with the flavour of guacamole in quite a delicious way!
How To Make 2 Avocado Guacamole
Making this 2 Avocado Guacamole Recipe is so simple. By adding the sea moss gel to this you are taking all of the natural goodness and the healthy (monounsaturated) fats from the avocado and cranking the wow factor up by eleven. The Irish Moss Seaweed provides a relatively flavourless basis that makes this dip thicker and creamier.
Perpetration – 20 minutes
- 2 ripe large avocados ( some tips below on picking these)
- 2 tomatoes – diced finely
- 1/2 small onion – diced finely
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro chopped (also known as coriander)
- 1 jalapeno pepper – remove seeds and diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 tablespoon of Sea Moss Gel
- 1/2 lime – juiced (you can use packaged lime juice but doesn’t taste anywhere near as good!)
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
You will also need
- chopping board
- Cut the avocados in halves and take out the pit.
- Remove any brown (unappealing looking) spots.
- Then skin the halves and place the avocado into a mixing bowl.
- Roughly mash the avocado with a fork or spoon. Keep mashing the avocado until you have made it as smooth or chunky as you desired.
- If using garlic cloves, remove the skin and chop finely before adding to the mashed avocado.
- Chop up the remaining ingredients – tomato, onions, cilantro, jalapeno.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir together.
Picking the Best Avocados
Picking the best avocado doesn’t have to be difficult. There are a few ways to make the right choice in picking avocados to complement your Vegan Ketosis recipe. Pick up your avocado and give a gentle squeeze. There should be a small amount of movement.
Another tip I was taught was to look for avocados that still a bit of stem or a cap on top. Lightly press on the cap. This will indicate how things are under the skin. If it is hard, your avocado isn’t ripe enough. If its too soft, your avocado may be overripe. You’re looking for the Goldie Locks avocado in the middle, not too hard, not too soft.
Adding Sea Moss
What are the Health Benefits of Irish Sea Moss? Irish Sea Moss is a rich source of minerals and nutrients. From a health perspective, it has gained a population in the health food niche due to its antioxidants properties. There are several health-promoting properties that Irish Sea Moss provides. It’s said to be up the next to other great Superfoods like blueberries, kale and omega-3 fats.
After mixing all the ingredients for your 2 Avocado Guacamole Recipe. Spoon your Guacamole into a clean serving bowl. Serve your Guacamole with freshly chopped vegetables. Some of my favourites are carrots, asparagus spears, celery sticks, bell peppers (capsicum), broccoli and cauliflower. Wholesome and delicious.