Sea Moss is very popular in Jamaica and various Caribbean islands. If you’ve visited the Caribbean you have probably had Sea Moss. Possibly without even realizing it. They have popularized a Sea Moss beverage that contains sea moss, milk, sweetener and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
Where two great cultures combine, there is the convergence of histories that have gifted us this blessing. The Guinness story is quite interesting if you haven’t looked into it before. But, anyhow, here is my Guinness Punch Recipe:
Guinness Punch Recipe with an Irish Twist
Recently, I learned about this Irish meets Jamaican blend called a Guinness Punch. Sound interesting? I thought so too, so we whipped it up to give it a try. Let’s get started.
Preparation – 10 minutes
Refrigerate – 30 minutes
Guinness Punch Recipe
- 1 can or bottle of Guinness Stout
- 1/2 a cup of Irish Sea Moss Gel
- 400g tin of condensed milk
- A cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
You will also need
- Large bowl
- Whisk or Wooden spoon
Note: For this recipe, I make my Sea Moss gel a bit more fluid. I do this by adding extra water to it when I’m preparing the gel.
- Break the cinnamon stick into smaller pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Add Guinness Stout, Sea Moss Gel and Condensed Milk into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients using a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg into the Guinness Punch and mix through the punch.
- Pour the Guinness Punch into a jug and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Note: You could choose to grate fresh nutmeg instead of using ground nutmeg.
Guinness Punch is best served chilled but if you want to drink it straight away, you could add a couple of ice cubes. The Guinness Punch looks great served in a tumbler over ice.
What Does it Taste Like?
Depending upon what you are planning, this may go well with some other recipe ideas. This Guinness Punch Recipe has a slightly bitter taste from the Guinness and the sweet undertone from the Condensed Milk. The consistency is thick and creamy. It’s a lovely and refreshing alcoholic beverage. Believe me when I say it’s hard to stop at one. Enjoy!
Last Updated on 7 months by D&C Editorial Team